More than Asana aYoga workshop with Mugs McConnell
Saturday Morning 9am to 12 noon
– Using the bandhas for Pranayama, according to the teachings of Swami Kuvalyananda
– A morning Asana sequence for balancing the systems of the body. Vinyasa with mudra and mantra.
– “Who AM I” meditation as taught by Ramana Maharshi
Saturday noon – vegetarian lunch provided
Saturday Afternoon, 1pm to 4pm
– Pranayama practices for specific purposes based on the teachings of Goswami
– An afternoon Asana sequence for awakening the chakras
– Meditation for the 3rd eye as taught by Tarachand Garg
– Using various Mantras for solving common problems
This workshop is open to all, & eligible for SOYA Teacher Training credits & Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Marion (Mugs) McConnell trained in the 1970’s under Swami VishnuDevananda and Dr. Hari Dickman, a devotee of Swami Sivananda. She is a Teacher Trainer for the South Okanagan Yoga Academy, a Registered Teacher with Yoga Alliance (ERYT500), and the Canadian Representative for the International Yoga Teachers’ Association. She has been teaching yoga for 34 years, presenting workshops in Canada, USA, Puerto Rico, Spain, Mexico and Australia. She is currently writing a book based on teachings passed on to her teacher Hari through letters from many Yoga Masters of the past.
Location(s), Dates(s) and Times(s):
April 28, 2012 9 am – 4 pm
At St Stephens Church Hall, Central Saanich
Cost: $95 ($60 for HYAV 2012 members) lunch included
Website, Contact Email and/or Phone:
To Register online and for more information go to http://members.shaw.ca/hathayogavictoria/events/eventsindex.htm
or send your cheque payable to HYAV to:
HYAV, 4973 Cordova Bay Rd, Victoria, BC, V8Y 2K1 (tel 250 652-8166)